Friday, December 19, 2014

OUTFIT | Falling leaves in Shinjuku Gyoen with Jason Mordeno Photography




photos by Jason Mordeno Photography


Do any of you miss the fall foliage that just recently ended? I do, mainly because I hear it has already snowed in Tokyo, and also, you can't really experience the change of seasons in Southern California (palm trees and greenery all year round). I did another photo shoot with Canadian photographer Jason Mordeno, who I worked with earlier this spring. I'm so glad he visits Japan every few months - he is so extremely talented and a pleasure to work with. When we went to Shinjuku Gyoen last month, we spent a few hours trying out different locations in the park, different poses, etc. He started poking holes in a leaf and putting it in front of his lens, which confused me at first... but I can always trust his creativity. 


I wasn't sure about wearing this faux leather dress I picked up on sale at Zara, but I think it worked well with the backdrop. I mean, fall foliage can have a dark side, too, right?


秋が過ぎ去って、今はもう東京は雪が降っているという情報が耳に入りました。紅葉が恋しいです、本当に。この写真たちは先月、カナダのカメラマンのジェイソンさんと新宿御苑で撮影をしたものです。レザーのワンピースとジェイソンさんの撮影スタイルの雰囲気の相性が良かったと思います。すごく気に入っています。


What I wore:
boots: Target



Love,

Samantha




22 comments:

  1. I love these shots! I think that the lens poked through the leaf worked out quite well. It's like nature's vignette filter!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  2. <333 amazing coat !
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suuuch enjoyable photos with so good mood!

    Check out my travel & lifestyle blog
    www.mirjamkris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit and photos Samantha! You look gorgeous! And Jason Mordeno's photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great look and shots, as always

    visit mine,
    Miss Aa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss fall already too. Fall and spring always seem to go by too fast for me. Great photos, as usual! :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photoshoot Samantha from the Zara dress to the vintage ambience, everything looks like it's straight out of a magazine! You have a very polished flair and I really adore your style! Great one dear! ;) xo~ Lena
    www.felinecreatures.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures! Great photoshoot :)

    www.heatheryofeather.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Extraordinary is the word I would chose for you! You are always flawless my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! everything! you! your outfit! photopraphies!

    http://streetlifewithstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair is perfect
    shititsmidnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the lighting of these pics specially the last one! And nice leather dress! is it dark green or black?

    www.talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. he captured you and the background so beautifully! gorgeous photo shoot.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely stunning photography. I just, I don't even know what to say it's beautiful. Very lovely.

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look like a doll here, so pretty and chic, aaaaaa super love this photoshoot.

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very professional pictures...I very appreciated.
    kiss
    www.theladycracy.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the color and mood of these photographs! and you look gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!